cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording conversion

Clancy
Listener

My recordings only convert to mp4 audio. Is there a way that I can convert it so I have the visual as well?

5 REPLIES 5

Maartje
Listener

Hello Clancy, 

Are you recording locally or in the Cloud? 
And have you checked your Recording settings? You find them when you're logged into Zoom.us, go to Settings, and then go to the Recording tab. 
This is where you can check and uncheck 'record an audio file only', and choose which other layouts to record. 
https://zoom.us/profile/setting?tab=recording

I don't think an audio file can be converted to a video file, but I'm no expert! 

Hope this helps, and if not, I hope your response can give some more information so that someone else might be able to help out. 

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Maartje is correct. If you only have the mp4, there is no way to generate video data from an audio only file. 

I'd recommend you check your cloud recording settings to ensure you are recording video files as well as audio-only files. 

Thanks Maartje

I'm unable to locate where to uncheck 'record an audio file only' and choose another layout. The link you provided does take me to my Recordings Settings, but I can't see any option to change the recording format.

Thanks

Bort

Hi @Clancy 

Under the Cloud Recording setting you should see most of these settings. The audio only file is in red, while the various recording layouts are in green: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 11.20.58.png

Hi @Clancy , do your settings look like the ones @Bort posted below? 
If you can't check or uncheck particular boxes, could it be that your using a Zoom account at work/an organisation, and IT might've locked certain settings?