cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording a zoom and sharing screen

Morten1960
Listener

I made a recording in Zoom. This was not a meeting, but just a recording i did to show someone how to use the iPhone. I shared the iPhone screen, i saw it perfectly during the recording. When i played back the recording, the iPhone screen didn't show, only the Mac desktop and sound. Not the iPhone screen. Why is this?
Appreciate any help here!
Morten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Ok got it. What you can do is try a clean removal/uninstall of Zoom Application and then reinstall it again. This is to ensure that any corrupted files/config on the application is all completely removed before reinstalling.

If you have a Mac - try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.
You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again then re-test.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

IP-Man

@Morten1960 , how did you recorded the session? you are in a meeting then hit the record button on Zoom  while ypu are sharing screen?

Cheers!

Hi IP Man and thank you for getting back to me! Appreciate this!!

I was not in a meeting with anyone. I just wanted to do a recording to put inside a group I have on FB. I have done this earlier with no problem.
So in other words I was the only one there while recording.
The sound and I can see my self, but not the shared iPhone screen- I see this while the meeting is up, but in the recording, only the desktop from my mac is shown and the small window where you can see me is shown. NOT shared iPhone screen.
Hope this make sense?
Morten

IP-Man

Ok got it. What you can do is try a clean removal/uninstall of Zoom Application and then reinstall it again. This is to ensure that any corrupted files/config on the application is all completely removed before reinstalling.

If you have a Mac - try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.
You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again then re-test.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

OMG, thank you sooo much! It looks like this might be the solution! Thank you for excellent service and help!

All the best to you!

Morten

IP-Man

Glad it worked!

Cheers!