cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording In American Sign Language - How to spotlight myself

TiskelTaskel73
Listener

I need to record myself while I am using ASL.  No other participants have their video on.  There is an interpreter that is speaking.  The recording is either on the black screen of the interpreter where the voice is coming from, or if I record myself using ASL without an interpreter, I get a black screen again.  Is there a way to record myself when I am not speaking? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @TiskelTaskel73 . Take a look to these Zoom Documents indicating that at this point, if you use the built-in feature of assigning a participant user as a Sign-Language interpreter, the recording won't save the Video; I am not sure if you are using this feature when scheduling the meeting but if you do, then don't.

Look at this document:  Scheduling a meeting or webinar with sign language interpretation 

On the other hand, there is a feature called "Focus Mode" that might help you; make sure you are the HOST and that the person speaking is not a Co-Host; you can schedule your meeting to start automatically in Focus Mode; look at this document:  🔗 Using Focus Mode

Focus Mode might be disabled by default in your account, but it is very easy to enable it for user; follow the instructions here:  🔗 Enabling Focus Mode for a User 

I cannot predict if the Zoom Meeting as being the Host/Focus will mark you you as the the Active Speaker, but if it does, the recording should be done like you need.

💡  If that doesn't work, here is a way you might be able to "trick" it: Give the Interpreter/Speaker your Zoom Guest ID so it can join via regular telephone call, in that way you will trick Zoom Meeting to think the Interpreter/Speaker's voice is yours and that for you will mark you as the Active Speaker.

💡💡   If there is no interpreter but just yourself, just put some soft music with the "Zoom Audio Noise Cancelling" disabled to make sure the Meeting Draw the attention to yourself marking you as the Active Speaker. In both cases, use Focus Mode, or make sure you mute everybody else in the meeting.

I know it is not ideal, but I really hope this helps. 

Vinnie

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Vinnie

Hello @TiskelTaskel73 . Take a look to these Zoom Documents indicating that at this point, if you use the built-in feature of assigning a participant user as a Sign-Language interpreter, the recording won't save the Video; I am not sure if you are using this feature when scheduling the meeting but if you do, then don't.

Look at this document:  Scheduling a meeting or webinar with sign language interpretation 

On the other hand, there is a feature called "Focus Mode" that might help you; make sure you are the HOST and that the person speaking is not a Co-Host; you can schedule your meeting to start automatically in Focus Mode; look at this document:  🔗 Using Focus Mode

Focus Mode might be disabled by default in your account, but it is very easy to enable it for user; follow the instructions here:  🔗 Enabling Focus Mode for a User 

I cannot predict if the Zoom Meeting as being the Host/Focus will mark you you as the the Active Speaker, but if it does, the recording should be done like you need.

💡  If that doesn't work, here is a way you might be able to "trick" it: Give the Interpreter/Speaker your Zoom Guest ID so it can join via regular telephone call, in that way you will trick Zoom Meeting to think the Interpreter/Speaker's voice is yours and that for you will mark you as the Active Speaker.

💡💡   If there is no interpreter but just yourself, just put some soft music with the "Zoom Audio Noise Cancelling" disabled to make sure the Meeting Draw the attention to yourself marking you as the Active Speaker. In both cases, use Focus Mode, or make sure you mute everybody else in the meeting.

I know it is not ideal, but I really hope this helps. 

Vinnie