cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Blackmagic

ggarces
Listener

Hello everyone, I have the following problem: recently the video input through Blackmagic UltraStudio Recorder 3G has started to fail, so I have to send video to Zoom through OBS with the same device. Can anyone tell me what is causing this sudden failure? Thank you very much

13 REPLIES 13

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ggarces check out the thread on BlackMagic DeckLink Video Feed Garbled as there seems to be an ongoing issue with the BlackMagic product and our internal teams are aware.  🙂 

Do you mind if I ask if you've updated to the latest version of Zoom? As well as any other program updates that may've fixed any reported issues? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

ggarces1
Listener

Hello, thanks for answering. When I updated to the latest version of Zoom is when the failure started. I tried to go back to earlier versions but the damage was already done. It hasn't worked again. The fact is that we are a public institution and we use zoom continuously to send the signal made from the program by a mixing desk, from meetings, from an SDI signal converted to HDMI by blackmagic. As I mentioned, now I do it through OBS, which apparently does not have signal ingestion problems, but the use of a third party in this process does not give me many guarantees. I hope you can solve your problems with Blackmagic soon.

ggarces1
Listener

We pay for it.  Thanks

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ggarces @ggarces Zoom client 5.9.6 is released, please try to update and see if you're still encountering your issue? Heres how to Upgrade Zoom to the latest version

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello, I also experience this issue however my screen turns black or freezes whenever I try to use my Blackmagic ultrastudio mini recorder. I tried re-downloading the earlier version and the updated version back again but the issue is still there. Anything else I can try:?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Sandy8b can you please verify the Zoom version you're currently running? Suggest updating as 5.10 has been released (3/21/22)

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Yes, I installed this version (5.10) but the issue is still there.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Sandy8b, I see you have ticket #13863548 open with our Support team. Advise taking this issue and further troubleshooting with our technical support team. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you had any further success?

Zoom doesn’t work with the UltraStudio 3G Recorder as an audio device on my system.  The input is available but no audio comes through from the SDI input. 

I’m on latest stable Zoom release, on latest Mac OS Ventura with up-to-date firmware on the UltraStudio. 

The device is working perfectly within Teams, OBS and Loopback. 

Zoom doesn’t work with the UltraStudio 3G Recorder as an audio device on my system.  The input is available but no audio comes through from the SDI input. 

I’m on latest stable Zoom release, on latest Mac OS Ventura with up-to-date firmware on the UltraStudio. 

The device is working perfectly within Teams, OBS and Loopback. 

TSEAC
Listener

Have you resolved this issue with Zoom Support directly?

The UltraStudio 3G still isn’t working as an audio input device for me.  Latest stable Zoom, latest Mac OS Ventura, latest UltraStudio firmware. 

hi TSEAC,

I'm having the same issues here too... did you manage to get it fixed?

Hi @Gabrielcsng 

No, I’m still using BM Ultrastudio into OBS and then virtual sound/camera into Zoom. 
I might run some updates and try again next week. 
Any else had any success?