cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update has removed email and calendar integrations and can't add them back in...

PiaDesign
Listener

The Zoom app has updated itself overnight, and in the process removed my Gmail integration and iCal integration, and despite trying to add these back in, the webpage refreshes itself back to the same place and nothing happens. This means I am unable to share calendar invitations with clients or add meeting details directly to my calendar. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey, I found a solution to this that works for me - but it might only be because I already had iCal set up before the update. When I go to schedule a new meeting, I scrolled all the way to the bottom to 'calendar' and iCal is still available as one of the options. For some reason the update had changed this to Outlook. Fingers crossed it works for you too. 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sandwig
Listener

Having the same issue.  Totally depend on the Zoom app adding newly scheduled meeting to iCal.  I'm now having to manually go into Apple Calendar and add newly scheduled Zoom meetings... a huge problem.  Zoom developers please fix this!

Hey, I found a solution to this that works for me - but it might only be because I already had iCal set up before the update. When I go to schedule a new meeting, I scrolled all the way to the bottom to 'calendar' and iCal is still available as one of the options. For some reason the update had changed this to Outlook. Fingers crossed it works for you too. 🙂 

sandwig
Listener

That worked PiaDesign.  Thanks.