cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to hear people cough - I'm a physician

drdavidnd
Listener

I'm a physician and I need to hear people cough when they cough. I have tried many different settings under audio and it only makes it worse, and there is no option to turn noise suppression off. Please help. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Just want to confirm that you've already tried enabling and having your patients enable "Original Sound for Musicians" - this should theoretically disable all noise suppression algorithms, but you will need to have a 'half-duplex' conversation where one person speaks and the other mutes in order to converse without feedback.

bstrelko_0-1701370935021.png

After the setting is ticked, it will still need to be manually activated by both you and your patient in each meeting.

Unfortunately, there is currently no "Original Sound for Physicians" option. Had to. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bstrelko

Just want to confirm that you've already tried enabling and having your patients enable "Original Sound for Musicians" - this should theoretically disable all noise suppression algorithms, but you will need to have a 'half-duplex' conversation where one person speaks and the other mutes in order to converse without feedback.

bstrelko_0-1701370935021.png

After the setting is ticked, it will still need to be manually activated by both you and your patient in each meeting.

Unfortunately, there is currently no "Original Sound for Physicians" option. Had to. 🙂

drdavidnd
Listener

Yes, I have already tried that and that setting made it worse.

bstrelko

And just to be 100% clear, your patients had enabled the setting (and activated it in meeting) as well, correct? It is more important for this to be enabled on their end, since your audio input is not where the cough is coming from.

drdavidnd
Listener

As I have stated, I have tried to change my settings and their settings and it is not helping. I am at a loss for what to do. I wish I could turn off noise cancellation all together but there is no option for that.

drdavidnd
Listener

And just to be clear, I have not accepted a solution because nothing suggested here has worked. Thanks.