cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove "In a Calendar Event" as my status

rwrwrw2002
Listener

My profile status is constantly saying "In a Calendar Event" so people are not contacting me because of it. How do I change/remove this status?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jing
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi rwrwrw2002

Please sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
In the top-right corner, click your profile picture and choose the status listed below.

Jing_0-1671678310387.png

You can also refer to this article to change the status you need.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360032554051

Thanks,

Jing

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Jing

Hi rwrwrw2002

Please sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
In the top-right corner, click your profile picture and choose the status listed below.

Jing_0-1671678310387.png

You can also refer to this article to change the status you need.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360032554051

Thanks,

Jing

This does not solve the problem. The calendar icon keeps coming back even though I am not in a calendar event. How do I stop this? This only started after an update. I do not want to have to manually do this every few minutes!

Jing

Hi 

Can you share your screenshot for the issue?

By the way, are you the same user of [rwrwrw2002] who raise the first question here.

Thanks,

I am not rwrwrw2002. Here is the screenshot of calendar icon. If I change it to available it keeps coming back.Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 09.00.48.png

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Zoomeruser this is because you have a scheduled meeting or block on your integrated calendar. 

For example, I have a meeting scheduled at 8:45am, as soon as it turns 8:45am, you will see my presence status change to the calendar icon.

in-calendar event.gif

To fix this, you can either change your status to one of the options, delete the event, or not be invited, in which case the meeting will not appear on your calendar.

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 8.48.27 AM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thank you for your response. I will look into it, but as I have mentioned multiple times when I change the status to 'available' it reverts back to 'in calendar event' even though I do not have a calendar event. This is the issue with this kind of online exchange, I keep getting the same response back from helpful people and  I appreciate your contribution. But I am trying to find out why it keeps reverting. There must be a bug causing this or some calendar setting somewhere that is not showing in my calendar daily/weekly view possibly...

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Zoomeruser thank you for your response! Could you please share the Zoom version you're currently running? 

To check you can look into the knowledge base article Checking the Zoom version 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

its Version: 5.14.10 (19202)

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Gotcha, thank you @Zoomeruser could you please attempt to update your Zoom client? Currently, the latest version of Zoom is 5.15.5. (as of today 8/1/23)

After updating please let me know if that helps with resolving the presence status on the client.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

My Zoom is the most recent and auto-updated by our Organization. 5.17.0 (28375) and every time I set myself to Available it reverts to In a Calendar Event and not in any meeting and nothing on my integrated Calendar.

Hi, I also have this issue and my integrated calendar is in Outlook. I have no Calendar meeting or anything at the times that it sets this status in Zoom.

I am looking for the inverse of this issue. I am in a calendar event, but my Zoom status says, "Available". Why won't Zoom recognize I am in a calendar event?

Thank you. I don't have any calendar events. Calendar event status keeps coming back if I change it to 'available'

wildgift
Listener

I disabled Integration Zoom with Outlook, signed out and back in and it went from Available to In a Calendar Event status when I signed back in. Where is this pulling from? I am an admin in our organization and can't find anything about this bug.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @wildgift what are you attempting to accomplish? Removing the Zoom with Outlook integration? 

I would doublecheck to see if you still have Using calendar and contacts integration setup. If you go to https://zoom.us/profile *scroll down* until you see Calendar and Contacts Integration, does this still show Office 365 or Exchange? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his