cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name when I join is incorrect

dharrison74
Listener

I loaned my device to someone for them to participate in a Zoom meeting. Now every time I join a meeting it shows her name and not mine. How can I permanently change my name back? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

Please try this.

1. Sign out of the Zoom desktop client. 
  2. Go to Zoom.Us and sign in
  3. Click Profile
  4. Click Edit on the right. (Screenshot #1)
  5. Change your Display Name. Even if it looks correct, type it again. (Screenshot #2)
  6. Click SAVE.
  7. Open the Zoom Desktop client and sign in.
  8. Start a new meeting, open the Participant panel, and see if your name is correct. You don't need to invite anyone to your meeting. 

Let me know if this works. 

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

chrismenard7

Please try this.

1. Sign out of the Zoom desktop client. 
  2. Go to Zoom.Us and sign in
  3. Click Profile
  4. Click Edit on the right. (Screenshot #1)
  5. Change your Display Name. Even if it looks correct, type it again. (Screenshot #2)
  6. Click SAVE.
  7. Open the Zoom Desktop client and sign in.
  8. Start a new meeting, open the Participant panel, and see if your name is correct. You don't need to invite anyone to your meeting. 

Let me know if this works. 

Thank you. 

This appears to have worked, thank you so much! 

chrismenard7

Glad to help. 

ronzoom
Listener

Previously, I was able to fix this ONLY after I uninstalled my desktop (Win10) app and installed a new/upgraded version but the old/temp Display Name i had used popped right back. Just now, I was able to fix it using your suggested method. I don't know if it's going to stick.

Can anyone please help me understand why one has to go to Zoom.us in a browser to fix this or anything at all in Profile?! The app also has Profile and it would be more convenient to change display name there as frequently as one would want.... The usual canard of Security? Privacy?  WHERE is the convenience or elegance?

ronzoom
Listener

I received an email message reposting @chrismenard7's solution (above). But I already tried that and posted that it DID work.  Thank you! I must say, however, that I did NOT receive any comment on my other questions/concerns.