cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My webcam is not working since the last Zoom update

Please_help_Fay
Listener

My webcam is not working during Zoom meetings.  It stopped working after the last Zoom software update. (It worked before then). The correct webcam is selected in the settings. The webcam light is on, but no image is projected.  I have rebooted my computer and have also uninstalled and then reinstalled the software.  Neither fixed the problem. 

I have a Dell computer, using Windows 11, OS Build 22621.2428

Not sure what else to do. I am attending meetings on almost a daily basis and it is really frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please_help_Fay
Listener

I just uninstalled the software and reinstalled the latest update for a second time.  This time it worked.  Only the sound of crickets from Zoom Support.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Fjcarballo
Listener

I'm having the exact same problem. Suddenly my webcam has stopped working in Zoom (since 09/10/23). Neither my laptop built in wecam works nor the new USB webcam I've bought works. Both webcams work perfectly in every other program apart from Zoom. Zoom is definitely the problem. I am including a screen shot I''ve what I'm seeing when I go to my video settings - nothing. 

Please can anyone offer a solution.

Thanks,

Javier

Hello Javier,

From what you describe, you and I have exactly the same issue, beginning at the same time. I have also submitted a ticket, but they have yet to respond.

Fay

Please_help_Fay
Listener

Hello Javier,

It has been four days now and Zoom Support have still not responded to my request.  Problem is ongoing.  Let me know if you find a fix.

Fay

Please_help_Fay
Listener

Five days and counting.  Still no word from Zoom Support.

For those of you with the same problem, note that your webcam will work fine in Teams Meetings or when using Skype. You just need to convince everyone to change from Zoom.  

Please_help_Fay
Listener

I just uninstalled the software and reinstalled the latest update for a second time.  This time it worked.  Only the sound of crickets from Zoom Support.

Just tried this. No luck for me.

Actually reinstalling the software did not help me either.  I thought the issue was fixed, but it was not.  What DID fix the problem was adjusting my camera settings in windows.  In "Settings"  I went to "Privacy & Security > Camera" and gave the Zoom app permission to let it access my camera.  Hope this works for you!

Hey Fay,

I'm glad that was the solution for you! That would make this a whole lot easier for everyone if it were just that one button in their settings! 🤣

I went through all the foundational things but can't figure it out. 

I did however find a weird work-around. I use Zoom, screen share, and then select Sony's "Remote" app on my Mac. The Remote app works perfectly with my camera, and then if the meeting needs to see me we have a work around. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯