cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Chat visible during screen share

LLong
Listener

Hello All,

I would like to make the chat window visible when I share a presentation. The goal is to ask a question and allow all of the participants to see the responses together on screen. I have seen online tutorials that show a Chat selection when you click more (...)  but I do not see that on my version. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

Hello. Chat can't be shared during a screen share. This would be a security issue. I may want to send you a one-on-one personal chat. Also, someone may type something you don't want to be displayed to everyone in the chat. Zoom has a Q&A Feature, but it is for Webinars, not Meetings. The only workaround I can come up with is to share a Google doc. Have people put the questions and answers in it. Now, they would probably need to type their name or initials before answering, but that would work. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chrismenard7

Hello. Chat can't be shared during a screen share. This would be a security issue. I may want to send you a one-on-one personal chat. Also, someone may type something you don't want to be displayed to everyone in the chat. Zoom has a Q&A Feature, but it is for Webinars, not Meetings. The only workaround I can come up with is to share a Google doc. Have people put the questions and answers in it. Now, they would probably need to type their name or initials before answering, but that would work. 

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I did not consider the security or mis-use scenarios. 

The Q&A Webinar feature seems to be the ideal use case for us.