cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Zoom Recording only saved audio, not video

lizdowney
Listener

I've been recording my Zoom meetings on my Mac and having them save locally. Typically I have both an audio and video file. Recently, I had one save the audio, but not the video file. I NEED this video in order to receive a certification! Can someone assist? Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @lizdowney thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

If this was a local recording, please navigate to your Zoom App > Settings > Recording. Here you will be able to see where the recorded video will be stored. Select opem from the app and it will take you to this folder. If you are unable to locate the video, please let me know! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you, Carla. Could you take a look at the attached screenshot? If you look at the folder with the Zoom files, you'll see that the one from 8/18 does not include the video file. Any thoughts on where I might find it?

Hi @lizdowney 

Can you try troubleshooting the recording by following the steps outlined here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362753-Troubleshooting-local-recording-issues

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?