cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Recording

jlsampson
Listener

Sometimes when my boss and I get off our Zoom calls (using his personal Zoom Link) the recording saves to my local drive. He has it set up to save to his and I'm not sure if they are saving on both mine and his when this happens. I have delegate access to his account and am able to schedule meetings for him, so I'm not sure if this is why some of the recordings are saving on my drive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Because you have scheduling privilege you are also an alternate host for all of his meetings..  This is why you bypass the waiting room and if you click the Start/Join button for a meeting before he does the meeting would start when you join (as host) and since auto record is enabled the recording would start and be tied to your computer.

I would need to test to confirm, but am pretty sure that when this happens the recording would ONLY be on your computer and not his.

I would encourage you to look into cloud recording as an alternative approach.  This way your recordings will always be in the same place for every meeting.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @jlsampson,

With local recording the file will save to who ever started recording.  if you pressed the record button, then it will go to your computer, if your boss does, then it will go to his.

If his meetings are configured to auto record then the recording would start as soon as the meeting host starts the meeting and save to that person's computer.  Since you have scheduling privileges, you are essentially an alternate host for all of his meetings.  If you happen to join the meting before he does, this would initiate the recording (assuming auto record is enabled) and would then be tied to your computer and not his.

If you you switch to using our Cloud Recording the recording will always be associated to the the Meeting Host (the user that the meeting was scheduled under) and be accessible in the Zoom Portal under that user.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

Hey Dan - I don't press the record button and his meeting room is supposed to be set to Waiting Room, but it will let me in without waiting and he has his recording settings to go automatically to his local drive. 

Dan_ZoomSE

Because you have scheduling privilege you are also an alternate host for all of his meetings..  This is why you bypass the waiting room and if you click the Start/Join button for a meeting before he does the meeting would start when you join (as host) and since auto record is enabled the recording would start and be tied to your computer.

I would need to test to confirm, but am pretty sure that when this happens the recording would ONLY be on your computer and not his.

I would encourage you to look into cloud recording as an alternative approach.  This way your recordings will always be in the same place for every meeting.

Thanks!