cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Link message

sandy121
Listener

Tried to view last night's recorded meeting and the message I received was "invalid link" The meeting was recorded on my pc and converted to be stored locally. Msg says must sign in with the same zoom acct on the web to open this link. The new secretary scheduled the meeting but the recording was on my computer not his. 

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @sandy121.

If there was an invalid link message, it seems like a recording was being made to the Cloud, not to your PC, as there is normally no "link" to the recording on your PC.  To locate recorded files on your computer, open the Zoom Settings window, click the Recording tab on the right, and see the location in the text box; you can click the Open button to open the folder where the recordings are saved:

Ray_Harwood_0-1671236184335.png

If the recording was in the Cloud, and the meeting was created and owned by someone else, the Cloud recording will be in their Cloud recording location... even if you started the recording.

If the recording was in the Cloud and you scheduled the meeting in your account, then it should be in your Recordings list on the Zoom web portal.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !