cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inifinite keychain error popups, can't switch off notifications, can't uninstall mac

megan_bates
Listener

When version 5.5.12 installed, on mac OS sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71) a keychain error popup appeared: "A keychain cannot be found to store 'Zoom".

It's since returned every 2 hours or so for the last 5 days. I've tried:

1. Choosing cancel in the popup

2. Choosing reset keychains in the popup

3. Using the 'uninstall zoom' option in the dropdown from the app itself- zoom reinstalled itself about an hour later.

4. Using `brew install --cask zoom` , `brew uninstall --cask zoom` to try using the brew install manager to uninstall- zoom reinstalled itself about an hour later.

5. Following this guide to recursively remove all identified zoom files- zoom reinstalled itself about an hour later.
6. Giving up on uninstalling zoom, manually opening 'keychain access' on mac and deleting all keychains with 'zoom' in the name- got the keychain error popup about an hour later.

I should say I tried all this repeatedly while removing zoom's permissions to use notifications and make background installs, through the mac OS settings, but those preferences kept getting ovewritten and set back to 'on', presumably as part of whatever package is reinstalling zoom regularly.

Beyond doing a complete clean install of the mac OS, is there anything that I can try to remove zoom from my machine? I've had a half dozen people in my company saying they're also having infinite pop-ups. Why is zoom behaving like malware? 

5 REPLIES 5

Damontino
Listener

Same issue!

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi megan_bates,

have you tried the instructions in the zoom support article?

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom application - Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot,

I've just tried uninstalling and reinstalling as you recommended, to version 5.17.5, but after a little while I had popups:
-"Background items added, Software from 'Zoom Video Communications,Inc.' added items that can run in the background'
-"The installation was Successful, you are on the version 5.15.12"
Appear, and the keychain errors have reappeared.

Eliot

hi megan_bates,

suggest you open a support ticket.

Contact Zoom Support - Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

I have tried raising support tickets TS0557569 and TS0557317, but both have been closed almost immediately with message "Our records indicate that the email address provided in the request is not associated with an active Zoom account so we are unable to respond to your open ticket."

I submitted the requests while logged in, and can confirm I have followed the steps that the message suggests counts as being logged in:
'
To contact our support team, sign up for an account at https://zoom.us/signup or confirm you used the correct email address'

I have even logged in with another account, and raised ticket TS0557582, and the exact same thing has happened.