cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Cloud Storage Calculating?

adyctivefitness
Listener

We keep regularly getting emails from Zoom saying we are using 1.76 GB worth of cloud recordings, and that our account only has 1 GB of cloud storage. However, whenever I check our Zoom archive of cloud recordings, there's certainly less than 2GB total.  And the total we are allowed for this account is 5 GB? Any ideas?

Also, we have a number of local recordings stored on a few different laptops, but this shouldn't contribute to our cloud storage total, right??

This is largely a repost, however, we are having the exact same issues!  We received an email stating " This is a reminder that your account is using more than the available cloud recording storage. Cloud recording will be disabled on Jan 11."

If anyone has any ideas or any similar situations/findings you can share, I'd sincerely appreciate it! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kgallagher
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hello @adyctivefitness , @Mitsos , @MomsMoney if you are seeing the recording usage under the limit in the recording management tab then the email was sent in error. The limit for Pro accounts is 5GB per license. As long as you are under that limit you will not be have any disruption in service. You can check this in the Reporting or Recording Management section of web portal. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Mitsos
Listener

I have the same problem. I want unlimited cloud recording capacity and I don't understand what can I do. 

Hello there is an option to upgrade your storage capacity. If you are over the amount that they give you, there should be a red link that you could click on to increase your storage.

MomsMoney
Listener

Same problem here. I’ve been deleting recordings and it stays the same. It doesn’t show that I decrease my storage usage.

kgallagher
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hello @adyctivefitness , @Mitsos , @MomsMoney if you are seeing the recording usage under the limit in the recording management tab then the email was sent in error. The limit for Pro accounts is 5GB per license. As long as you are under that limit you will not be have any disruption in service. You can check this in the Reporting or Recording Management section of web portal. 

Thank you very much! I was worried and confuse I appreciate your reply. I hope this helped everyone else too! 

Dear Kgallagher, my Pro account received those emails previously saying that I havereached 6.7GB in cloud storage, so what I erased almost everything from the cloud and my Cloud recording was disabled.  Now I have only 4.0G, so my question is.. can I keep  my Cloud Recording capacity as long as it is minor than 5GB?

RJGerber
Listener

I can’t find where my storage capacity is listed. I too am getting e-mails about reaching my limit. I’ve now moved recordings elsewhere (off the platform), and I need to see if it has helped. I got an e-mail from zoom that my recording capacity was disabled, so it IS affecting my account.