cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync zoom to google cal and ical

enest
Listener

Hello. My zoom meetings are syncing to my google cal but not my ical. My google cal is snyced with my ical, so I'm not sure why the meetings are now showing up. I'd like to be able to view the meetings from both my personal calendar (ical) and work calendar (google cal). Any insight?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

enest
Listener

For anyone else having issues syncing calendars, go at it from the app on your phone versus through your computer. (Maybe that's obvious, but I should have done this initially.)

1. Open App

2. Settings

3. Meetings

4. Scroll all the way down to "Synced Calendars"

5. Make sure "Sync Zoom Meetings from Calendars" is turned on

View solution in original post

What worked for me:

1. Log into Zoom from your phone, NOT your laptop

2. GO TO Settings

3. GO TO Meetings

6. *** UNCHECK all other calendars EXCEPT iCloud***

7. Save settings changes and quit Zoom. 
8. Log back in and schedule a TEST Zoom meeting. 
9. Check your iCal calendar. The test meeting should show up in your iCal calendar. 
10. I have not added back any other calendars yet, so don’t know what will happen if you check to add Google calendar back, for example, after setting iCal as your default. Right now I have several meetings scheduled and want to handle the backlog before testing the second phase of adding other calendars back. For the moment I’m sticking with just the iCloud/iCal calendars and no longer having a problem. 

Hope this helps. 

P. S. When you log back into Zoom, log in first from your PHONE, not your laptop. If that test works you should now be able to schedule a new meeting from your laptop as well. Worked for me at last. 

34 REPLIES 34

jdott16
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hello @enest 

At the moment Zoom can sync with Google, O365, and Exchange. You can find out more about syncing the calendars here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000488243-Setting-up-calendar-and-contacts-integration-... 

I hope this helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks, @jdott16! I ended up figuring this out. The reason why I had difficulty is bc I was trying to do it from my pc instead of through the app on my cellphone.

Sorry to be so dense, but when i sign in to the Zoom app on my iPhone I don't see a Setting button (the gear picture).  I just downloaded the app so it should be the latest version -- what am I doing wrong here?  (Trying to set it up so that when someone sends me a Zoom meeting invite it appears on my Apple iCal calendar).

I'm confused about this.  Until very recently, I was able to add a meeting,  to my iCal.   Now, since the upgrade I cannot.   Has this option been removed?  And if so, why?  

I'm having this same problem. In the past when I schedule a Zoom meeting, it has always gone into my iCal easily. I did the update on my Zoom a couple of days ago, now it's taking me to a whole Google thing and Google calendar and suddenly my Zoom appointments are going into that and not my iCal (I have a Mac BTW). Help!

Why is there no native iCal support? It is an internatiopnal standard, even supported by Outlook! Why are you always ignoring the Mac? I'm really starting to lose my patience with Zoom. Especially since there are other, more integrated options now.

Same issue. Have tried several options and suggestions but always get automatically routed to Outlook with a request to add all of my contacts to Outlook. Not interested but use Zoom all the time. Definitely not user-friendly. It is time to do better with this interface.

Are there plans to have iCal as an integrated option again? It's frustrating that something that worked so well for years has been taken away. In addition, the Google integration now loads my entire calendar into the Zoom window pane of Upcoming meetings, which is entirely unnecessary. Please consider returning basic functionality. 

We need it to continue to sync with ical - it did do before and has now stopped. I will have to stop my account with Zoom if this is not resolved as its a real barrier.

enest
Listener

For anyone else having issues syncing calendars, go at it from the app on your phone versus through your computer. (Maybe that's obvious, but I should have done this initially.)

1. Open App

2. Settings

3. Meetings

I continue to have issues when someone sets up a zoom meeting for us on their google calendar, it's not showing up on my list of upcoming meetings nor on my ical (mac calendar).  I was hopeful with the comment above.

I was unsuccessful however:

My zoom app on the iphone has "synced calendars" disabled.  When I click on it I see "sync zoom meetings from calendars" but it won't let me turn that on.

Help?

Same issue...  Perhaps that advice is only for NON ical?  HAs this been fixed, is it on roadmanp?

See my reply to Observer; I had the same issue: "Still routed to Outlook and had to force quit Outlook to move on. But then I unchecked all other calendars EXCEPT iCal, iCloud and Mac options. Then it WORKED and the test meeting showed up in my iCal calendar on both my mobile device AND my laptop. Even though I also have a Google calendar, the process only worked when I selected ONLY iCal options and deselected all others. Hope this helps."

Could you be more specific in how you did this? Where did you uncheck all the other calendars?

I am having the same problem and get the same message when I tried the setting on my iPhone. Did you ever get a solution for iCal? 

Yup. Did it. Still routed to Outlook and had to force quit Outlook to move on. but then...

I unchecked all other calendars EXCEPT iCal, iCloud and Mac options. Then it WORKED and the test meeting showed up in my iCal calendar on both my mobile device AND my laptop. Even though I also have a Google calendar, the process only worked when I selected ONLY iCal options. Hope this helps.

This did not work for me, unfortunately. I can now schedule meetings from my phone or iPad and they will show up on iCal, but it didn't change anything on my Mac, where my work contacts are.

Could you be more specific in how you did this? Where did you uncheck all the other calendars? Would love a step-by-step. Thank you!

I tried going at it from my phone and my iPad. I can now schedule meetings from those devices that will go to my iCal, but it didn't change the lack of functionality of Zoom on my Mac at all. I still can't schedule meetings from my laptop and have them sync with my iCal. Since my laptop is where all my work contacts are, it's very frustrating. It worked perfectly until I updated Zoom yesterday!

This worked like a charm for me. But only when I schedule from the Zoom app on my iPhone. It used to be that I would schedule a Zoom from the Zoom app on my MacBook Pro and iCal would automatically pop open with the newly scheduled meeting. From there, I could easily start typing the email of whomever I was meeting with and then send them a calendar invite from iCal. Now (not sure why - maybe a new Zoom update? or maybe a new iOS update?) iCal no longer pops up when I schedule... it just gives me the meeting invitation. I'm searching for where I can do the same thing you suggested here on my phone, but on the laptop... have not found a solution.

Make sure you scroll all the way down on your mac screen - there should be check boxes for which calendar to synch to, and one of them is ical (see the picture I attached - that is only visible after scrolling down). That's what got me - I was not scrolling down far enough. Once you check ical, it will stay checked for all subsequent meetings and pop up like it always did. I was so relieved.

soderalg
Listener

Found this thread after doing some research. I have the same issued, zoom has always been working fine with my iCal but since the update zoom only gives me the option to sync with outlook, google and M365. No articles about if it doesn't sync with iCal no more?

tbadg23
Listener

Same for me - Zoom and iCal played well together until the Ventura update.  I can't seem to find any help for this problem.

See my reply to flyingbird. Finally got it working. Now to get all those contacts back that were deleted with the latest major upgrade!! AAARGH. I have been a Mac/Apple user since the 1980s and love my devices and the seamless interface within macworld, but the responsiveness to user concerns leaves a lot to be desired. Same issues with duplicating contacts and calendar events not landing on the actual date selected have persisted for years. It is time to resolve these longstanding issues and be more responsive to dedicated users.

gaw44
Listener

All of a sudden (Updates!!!) I can no longer sync with iCal...it isn't a choice when I follow the steps in my profile.  What do I do? I was one of the original clients of zoom, but this is enough to make me leave...

What worked for me:

1. Log into Zoom from your phone, NOT your laptop

2. GO TO Settings

3. GO TO Meetings

6. *** UNCHECK all other calendars EXCEPT iCloud***

7. Save settings changes and quit Zoom. 
8. Log back in and schedule a TEST Zoom meeting. 
9. Check your iCal calendar. The test meeting should show up in your iCal calendar. 
10. I have not added back any other calendars yet, so don’t know what will happen if you check to add Google calendar back, for example, after setting iCal as your default. Right now I have several meetings scheduled and want to handle the backlog before testing the second phase of adding other calendars back. For the moment I’m sticking with just the iCloud/iCal calendars and no longer having a problem. 

Hope this helps. 

P. S. When you log back into Zoom, log in first from your PHONE, not your laptop. If that test works you should now be able to schedule a new meeting from your laptop as well. Worked for me at last. 

I think this worked! Thank you. There is now an option at the bottom of my mac zoom scheduler menu that allows me to check "ical." I don't know if this was there before and I didn't notice or if it was a new addition. Either way, I am now able to schedule zoom calls from my mac and they show up on ical as they used to do before the update. Thank you!

NODC
Listener

Same problem!!! I'm trying to set up a bunch of meetings and can't get them to sync to iCal. I don't use Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar for work. Please fix this!!!

JS100
Listener

Thanks for all the helpful comments above. Got there in the end.

Note that when you schedule a new event there is a calendar choice at the foot of the window (scroll down as it can easily be off the page on my Mac). After the recent upgrade to Zoom, my default was not pointing to iCal.  

Also a number of my other settings on the website list needed to be reset after the recent upgrade, including the option that allows the host role to be passed to another meeting member. 

Patrick22
Listener

It seems iCal is no longer supported by Zoom. I opened a ticket to get a clarification but the options suggested by some users above no longer appear on the settings page. I am using Zoom version 5.14.7 (18149). I will post info as soon as I get a reply from Zoom support.

Sususu
Listener

I recently got a new Mac and for sure the new zoom software I downloaded does not allow any options for syncing with iCal.  Very dissapointing.  Unfortunately if I have to start using google calendar (which I do not want to do), I'll just start using google meets because it's free.  No sense in paying for Zoom if I can't even continue with the workflow I've grown accustomed to.