cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Host Meeting for Others

anmarshall
Listener

I'm trying to figure out how to have it so anyone can join my personal meeting when I'm not there.  I'm using this to schedule interviews and I'm not supposed to be on those calls?  What do I have to do in settings to get this to work?   I have already enabled the setting "Allow participants to join before host" but it hasn't worked.  Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @anmarshall! I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved.

I am having the same issue as above.  I am setting up meetings for others and just had to hop on to get it started, want to make sure I don't have to do that moving forward. Thanks

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @anmarshall & @DanaD1 

There are 2 main settings that will impact your ability to have a meeting start without you: 

• Waiting Room 
  • Join before host

Join before host is what allows the participants to join the meeting before, or even without, your presence to start the meeting, so this should be enabled for your meeting. 
On the other hand, Waiting Room should be disabled, as this will catch all but the host in the waiting room, and only the host can allow participants into the meeting from the WR. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.