cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you google for help...

annekaelber
Listener

...when all the search terms mean something else? 🙂

When I enter a room, I am able to use my bluetooth headphones, but cannot hear anything else from my phone or my PC. I listen to music while I work, through the same headphones I use for Zoom. Note: The music is for me only -- I do not wish to share my music with the room. Starting to see my trouble with googling? 

I have tried ALL the variations and permutations of the settings in Zoom and in Win10. I've even re-paired the headset. Any time I join a meeting with audio, Zoom steals all output for itself. This happens even when the music is coming from my phone, through the BT headset. While I can have my headset connected to my phone and my PC simultaneously, I cannot listen to audio from two sources (this appears to be normal for my headphones). 

Until a couple weeks ago, I could listen to music (stereo) and when there was audio in my meeting, I could pause my music and hear the room.... That no longer appears to work. If I'm in a room, then Zoom hoards all the audio. Even not being connected with computer audio does not "release" my audio. At first, I could not listen to my music (via my browser on my PC) in stereo because Zoom connects as a headset.

In Windows settings, I've unchecked the box that would 'allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'. (I've tried it both checked and unchecked but neither affects my problem.)

Specs: 

Win 10

Zoom 5.12.0 (8964)

Anker Soundcore Life U2 bluetooth headphones /headset

I've tried a number of googling terms but frequently the term I would use is already in use, but means something else.

Examples:

zoom share audio  - I don't want to share my audio. I want zoom to allow non-zoom audio through my headphones

zoom audio multiple input sources - I get results for multiple outputs

zoom steals all audio - While I've read some of the pages from this search, none of them appears to be similar to my issue, nor do they suggest anything that helps.

Help. 🤔

0 REPLIES 0