cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Remove Name Tag From Recording?

adhills
Listener

Hi, in a previous version (5.8.1) switching off 'always display participant names on their video' also switched them off in recordings.

Now, however, in the latest version it seem impossible to remove my name from the bottom left corner. It only does so in the meeting and not the recording.  Has anyone else ran into this issue? Is there a solution for this? Any help greatly apreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

13 REPLIES 13

multicastaudio
Listener

We have just discovered the same issue with the current release 5.9.3. On both Windows and Mac Clients.

I can get the names to drop on the cloud recordings but not on the local recordings which is super unhelpful as it ruins the full frame output which we need. 

We have reverted to 5.9.1 for now which does not do this.

HOW DID YOU REVERT TO 5.9.1 VERSION? 

Sandydee
Listener

SAME ISSUE! SUPER FRUSTRATING AND UNUSABLE. WILL HAVE TO USE SKYPE UNLESS THEY REVERT OR FIX. 

That worked. 5.9.1 doesn't insert participants names when settings doesn't include them.   Thanks

IntuitivebySea
Listener

Zoom support gave me this link for ARM Macs:

https://zoom.us/client/5.9.1.3506/Zoom.pkg?archType=arm64

And this one for regular Intel Macs:

https://zoom.us/client/5.9.1.3506/Zoom.pkg

I'd rather get the downgrade from the source... 

LovelyAlia
Listener

Any chance this will be become an optional setting, preferably SOON?

Zoom, I love you deeply! Please make this optional!

Were you able to sort this?

yes... were you able to sort this??

blahblah
Listener

It looks like downloading the previous version solves the issue... Worked for me!

I hope Zoom corrects this issue in any future version releases (or I'm going to be very hesitant to update).

FK1
Listener

Has this been solved? Seems like such an obvious thing to allow users to not record the names.
Pretty rookie thing to be overlooked.

rdalemurpho
Listener

I'm so upset about this.  I use Zoom to record auditions, and now my name is embedded at the bottom of each audition.  It ruins the illusion of reality!  I have hours of work that are completely unusable!  Arggh!  Thanks Zoom!

KB2240
Listener

Oh God, I hate this issue too! And that you (Zoom) have no technical support.