cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery View Android

mlopes16
Listener

How many participants are able to show in Gallery View (Android)?

The default configuration are limited to 4 participants per page.

9 REPLIES 9

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @mlopes16, and welcome to the Zoom Community! Gallery view on Android is limited to 4 participants. However, you can view more participants by swiping left. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362323-Adjusting-your-video-layout-during-a-virtual-mee...

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Zoom's Android app is confusing. My wife's Galaxy Tab S7 shows 9 videos in  gallery view (11" 1600p) whereas I just bought a Galaxy Tab A8 (10.5" 1080p) and it shows  a max of 4 (even when using "Scale to fit")!
Clearly there is some undocumented requirement to get more than 4.  The issue is not related to the videos being too small because my 13" laptop shows 25 windows fine.

iPads happily display 9 videos on 10.2" inch screens. 

Android seems to have just been neglected. Why can't Zoom just let the user choose the layout? 

Same problem as Barb7:

For 4 participants, gallery for 3, but myself in a small window with my galaxy s20. On the laptop, I could see all 4 in gallery. How can I see all 4 in gallery with my phone?

Barb7
Listener

I want to chime in I am a.so unhappy with gallery view on Android. 

I have a Tab S7+

When there are 2 participants, there is no gallery, only full screen for one and self in a tiny window.

For 3 participants, gallery for 2, but self in a small window. On the Windows app, I could see all 3 in gallery.  Why doesn't Android app behave like Windows app?

AdrFer
Listener

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution for this issue? 

4speeder
Listener

I have the same problem.  Zoom admins ignored them. 

SuperSteve
Listener

It was limited to 4 participants on my Hudl 2 (Android V5.1) for quite some time.  Then an upgrade came along in about November 2022 and it went to 8 - a much-needed improvement.  However, as of the last 2 'upgrades' since, I don't have gallery view at all any more (the little dots at the bottom of the screen that showed which page it was on have disappeared, and swiping left/right has no effect).  What's happened?

hoor889
Listener

There were quite a few times when the number of participants on my Hudl 2 (Android V5.1) was limited to 4.  In November of 2022, there was an update that brought it up to version 8, which was a much-needed improvement at that time.  As of the last 2 'upgrades' that I have had since then, as I have no gallery view anymore (the little dots that used to show which page the gallery was on when it was swiping left/right has no effect anymore, and the gallery view has been completely removed).  Could you please tell me what happened?

SSK1
Listener

I have the same problem. My big screen in the meeting room runs on android and I have a confused Gallery view swiping up and down, cutting some of the participant videos in half. However I cant get more than 8 participants in the Gallery view. The screen is big enought to show whatever number of participants.