cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 2216

Kari2
Listener

I'm a TA at a university and we're using Canvas to host the class and classes will very virtual on zoom through Canvas. All semester I haven't been able to connect to zoom. I get error code 2216. I thought it was because I didn't have a university email address but now I do and have added it to my Canvas profile and made it my primary. But I'm still getting the error. Any ideas of how to fix this? I'm trying to get this resolved as soon as possible as the next semester will be starting soon 

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @Kari2,

This sounds like more of a technical question for Canvas. If they can create the process to start a Zoom meeting, then it should start.  If they're unable to properly launch the meeting, their developers would need to be involved.

I did search around to see if there was anything related in the Zoom Community archive, but didn't find anything.

If you find an answer over there at Canvas, come back here and post it, please, so if someone else comes here with a similar issue, they'll have the benefit of your experience.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Jameswalter
Participant

Error Code 2216 appears when the ZOOM plugin mistakenly identifies your ZOOM account being linked to other Google accounts that you maybe using.

Regards,
James