cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code: 1006028000

krawlsbryce
Listener

One of my employees is having an issue with Zoom not starting. Restarting the program/pc and reinstalling did not work. I am unable to find this error code anywhere online. 

Any help is appreciated. 

12 REPLIES 12

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @krawlsbryce, for Error 1006028000, you can attempt the follow and let me know if this helps! 

1. Suggesting to check your disk space for sufficient space. 
    • A lot of great resources on how to do so... you can look into the 'Free Up Disk Space' guide from Cnet
  2. Also, try to uninstall the zoom desktop application. Please follow the steps below:
    1. For Mac:
      1. Open the Zoom desktop application.
      2. Select zoom.us at the top of your screen and select Uninstall Zoom.
      3. Select OK to confirm uninstalling the Zoom desktop application and all of its components.
      4. Once completed, have them click the “Apple” icon, then click “Restart”
      5. Once restarted, you can reinstall Zoom from zoom.us/download.
    2. For PC:
      1. In the Windows search bar, search for "Control Panel"
      2. Click the Control Panel app.
      3. If Control Panel is set to Category view, click Uninstall a Program.
      4. Alternatively, if View by is set to Large or Small icons, click Programs and Features.
      5. Select Zoom in the programs list, then click Uninstall.
      6. If prompted "Are you sure you want to uninstall Zoom?", click Yes
      7. Once completed, “Restart” your device.
      8. Once restarted, have them reinstall Zoom from zoom.us/download.
  3. Make sure that Zoom is whitelisted by your Antivirus before joining meetings. Here is a list of Antivirus and some useful guides on how to:
    1. Kaspersky: Allow camera and microphone access in Kaspersky
    2. McAfee: How to stop McAfee on Windows from blocking apps and devices
    3. Norton/Symantec: Allow Internet access for a blocked program
    4. Avast: Using the Blocked & Allowed apps settings screen in Avast Antivirus

I hope this helps you resolve your Error! 😀

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I am getting the same error code and none of these proposed fixes has worked. The only way I can connect to a Zoom meeting is by using a VPN. If I do not use a VPN, Zoom will not connect to a meeting and I get the error code 1006028000. I also cannot find any recording of this error code anywhere on the Internet besides this posting. It has made trying to fix the issue extremely frustrating.

The same happened to me last week. I called my internet service provider to make a report because I thought there was a problem with the connection. They told me that the problem was with zoom and that they were trying to fix it. I don't know much about these things but apparently  when you create a user in zoom you get some sort of  'code' (not the word the man used) that can be 03, 04 or 05. The guy explained to me that people that had the '04 code' was having issues (I am one of them) so the only thing I could do was to wait until it was solved. In the meantime they suggested creating a new user to join my meetings until I could use my account. The solution I found was to use my mobile data to log in and join the meetings and once inside change to my wifi. Last Monday the problem was solved. Maybe you could contact your internet service provider too and hopefully they can give you a solution.

danielnzlz
Listener

Hi, I'm getting the same error, but on every device connected to my WiFi network (tried on android phone, iPad and windows PC), I haven't done any tampering on the router settings, and yesterday everything was working fine. I can't access meetings and zoom.us domains won't load (wanted to download and reinstall, did it via mobile data and same issues, so it's not the desktop client. Web browsers display "couldn't open the website because server's not answering" or "time out"). The solution I came up with was sharing my PC mobile data from my phone but that's not a great solution... Is there any other cause to this error? I'm a student and all my classes are via zoom so I'd appreciate any help.

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. I can't connect through any of my devices while using my wifi connection, but if I use my mobile data everything works perfectly. Does anyone know what the problem can be? It's been two days since this issue started. Thanks in advance!

I don’t know how the issue got resolved, one day it just magically worked. Lasted for about a week. I tried reinstalling, restarting wifi modem, etc. What I did in the mean time no not spend all my mobile data, was connecting the PC to my phone’s hotspot, then entering the meeting, and once inside, switch over to my wifi network, somehow this worked. My guess is that there’s an error when the device asks zoom’s servers to join a meeting, Idk what causes this, but once connection is stablished and you’re inside the meeting, you can select whatever wifi hotspot. 

Thanks a lot! I'll try to do that while I figure out what's happening. I hope it works for me 🤞

kleanrite
Listener

I am also having problems connecting to Zoom.  I updated Zoom on 11-15-21 (5.8.4) with no success.  We have 3 computers on the same wifi; 2 connect to Zoom and one does not.  Using the hotpsot on my phone does not connect for me either. If it goes far enough trying to connect I get error code 100602800.

The same happened to me last week. I called my internet service provider to make a report because I thought there was a problem with the connection. They told me that the problem was with zoom and that they were trying to fix it. I don't know much about these things but apparently  when you create a user in zoom you get some sort of  'code' (not the word the man used) that can be 03, 04 or 05. The guy explained to me that people that had the '04 code' was having issues (I am one of them) so the only thing I could do was to wait until it was solved. In the meantime they suggested creating a new user to join my meetings until I could use my account.  Last Monday the problem was solved. Maybe you could contact your internet service provider too and hopefully they can give you a solution.

Thank you.  I will pass this on to my ISP

ngunzburg
Listener

Same issue. Error code 1006028000

This error happens when trying to log in with our Google SSO within the Zoom Client (latest version). If we use the web browser version of Zoom there are no issues. There are also no issues when connecting via a hotspot, which lets us know that our firewall is blocking the site that Zoom is using to authenticate via Google SSO. 

I reached out to Zoom but they only provided a giant list of IPs to whitelist. We can only whitelist URLs, and this giant list is useless to us. We need a specific URL to whitelist for Google SSO authentication within the Zoom client.  

willjoe
Attendee

Fix 1: Check Internet Connection
If you’ve received Error Code 1006028000 on your Zoom, you need to make sure your internet connection is stable and accurate for communication. If your network connection is bad, restart the modem or switch to a wired connection. If this doesn’t help you, you can contact your internet service provider for further assistance.

Fix 2: Use Mobile Data
As per some suffered users, switching to mobile data helped them to resolve the Zoom Error Code 1006028000, and they rejoined in the meeting. So, you can also try the same and see if it helps you or not.

Fix 3: Check Storage Space
If your device does not have sufficient space, you may face a similar problem. Here you need to free up some disk space and see if the issue is solved or not.

Fix 4: Disable Antivirus Temporarily
In most cases, the antivirus installed on the device make conflicts with some applications and causes many issues. In this case, you will need to temporarily disable the antivirus program and start your Zoom meetings again.

Fix 5: Reinstall the App
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to uninstall Zoom from your device. Once done, download the app from a relevant source and reinstall it on your device.
These are all about the Zoom Error Code 1006028000 and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.

Regards,

Will