cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enlarging (zooming) a portion of the screen while sharing the desktop

EdJudge
Listener

I'm using an Apple Studio and have zoom turned on under the Accessibility setting in the OS. While sharing my screen in a meeting I can  use CTL and the scroll wheel on my mouse and see it zoom in on my display, but meeting participants don't see it zoom.

Does anyone know of a way to make that happen?

4 REPLIES 4

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

In Settings->Share Screen->Advanced, can you try changing the capture method to 'Previous Operating Systems' and then report back?

bstrelko_0-1708702256959.png

EdJudge
Listener

Thanks, I'll give that a try when I can arrange a zoom call with someone. But, FYI, I'm on Sonoma 14.2.1 and the doc for that setting is as follows:

Legacy/Previous operating systems: This option can be applicable if you are not on the latest Windows or macOS operating systems, or don't have certain video drivers. If this option isn't enabled, a blank screen may appear on participants' screens while the host shares their screen.

bstrelko

Yes, this is why the option was not offered as a solution, but a first step. Since Zoom is not respecting your OS' accessibility-based zooming using a different (legacy) capture method could yield a different result based on how the capture is performed. We want to rule this out.

Sorry for the delay in responding. The first step didn’t produce the desired results. I also tried some of the other options under Advanced and nothing seemed to help.