cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgraded Zoom Client Version

Daniel789456
Listener

Why is it happenning ? from 5.17 to 5.13 has been downgraded !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Onno
Listener

After some more research I did find the reason. It has nothing to do with the Zoom client itself. 
We had Google Workspace endpoint management configured to roll out Zoom automatically at first login. It  served the older version and kept rolling back upgrades. After fixing this, users were able to upgrade again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Onno
Listener

I have several users complaining about this as well. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Daniel789456 @Onno a bit confused around this error you're facing. Were you prompt with an error stating, "5.17 to 5.13 has been downgraded"? Zoom never reverts back to versions unless you're enrolled within device management where  your IT Admin is pushing those changes, or you are manually uninstalling, and reinstalling a older version of Zoom. Zoom as of now, does not publicly present older versions to install from, unless you're utilizing one of these methods depending on your OS. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Onno
Listener

After some more research I did find the reason. It has nothing to do with the Zoom client itself. 
We had Google Workspace endpoint management configured to roll out Zoom automatically at first login. It  served the older version and kept rolling back upgrades. After fixing this, users were able to upgrade again.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Amazing news! Thank you for the update, @Onno!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!