cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a standard pro account receive the audio transcription ability?

Nexus
Listener

How long does it take for a 30 min recording to be transcribed?

7 REPLIES 7

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Nexus, cloud recordings generally take about 2 times the duration recorded to process, but occasionally may take up to 24 hours due to higher processing loads at that time. For example, an hour-long meeting with only 30 minutes recorded would typically take 30-60 minutes to process.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Will the recording be transcribed then?

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, Pro accounts do not have their cloud recordings transcribed. Live transcription can be used within a live meeting, but not on the cloud recording created afterwards. I believe there are some integrations on the App Marketplace that will transcribe your cloud recordings, such as Otter.ai. 

Nexus
Listener

https://youtu.be/aa4jMBJRQx8 This video simply says enable cloud recordings and then the audio will be transcribed at a later time

Bort

I know the user that created that video and they are using their main Enterprise Zoom account. This is not the same behavior for a Pro account. 

Daniel-Pirciu
Listener

adding to @Bort's recommendation, I would highly recommend checking out Meetgeek as well. It offers 5 hours/month free and has a great support team. 🙂

Jake14
Listener

Hi - so can i just clarify that there is no way for a single license holder to have the transcription files from the call made available?? It looks to me like the minimum contract for the is 10 business licenses.

Right now it looks like google meet business standard does include the transcription for £9.99 for a single license. I'd certainly prefer zoom if there was a comparable option available - if there is one that i haven't found if anyone could point it out to me id be grateful and become a paying customer