cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turnkey solution

UCSketty
Listener

Hi.  I have a room set up so that a hybrid meeting can take place.  I need the computer to boot into Zoom with the appropriate camera, microphone etc all configured BUT also give the flexibility to change things during the session where required.  How can I set things up so that it boots into the standard configuration every time rather than remembering the configuration the last user left it in?  Some meetings will have an experienced zoom operator to control things but others might not have any technical expertise apart from the ability to start it up.  It is very important for the non-expert user that it starts up in a consistent fashion.

The computer is a Windows 11 laptop with the browser configured to remember the log on details and boots straight into Zoom from a shortcut to the meetings link.  

1 REPLY 1

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi,

A simpler way would be to use Zoom Room profiles: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033432032-Zoom-Room-device-profiles

Zoom Room device profiles allows you to create and save profiles to a room with specific device settings and screen layouts. These profiles can then be applied from the web interface, or from within the settings of the controller. They can also be changed while in a meeting. 

And yes, you can set Microphone, Speaker and Camera .

Device profiles are applied to a room when they are initially selected on the web portal or on a Zoom Rooms controller. If a user makes changes to the Zoom Room settings in or out of meetings, these changes will remain in place. To re-sync the room to the device profile settings, sign out and then back in to the Zoom Rooms application. 

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz