What's New at Zoom? Join our upcoming webinar to get you a first-hand look into some of our exciting new product and feature releases.

Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling audio

NevinStoltz
Listener

I am a voice actor with an in home studio. I have used zoom for over 2 years for video meeting and such with no sound issues at all. All of a sudden about a month ago, I've started having crackling audio coming through when in zoom meetings. It only happens through zoom, all other audio sounds perfect. 

I'm on 64 bit Windows 10 using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling zoom as well as my audio drivers and the drivers for the interface. 

Any ideas on what might be causing it and how to fix?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

Loretta1
Listener

I am having the same problem and have been unable to properly lead two meetings - August and September.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @NevinStoltz, assuming you've looked into the How to set up your Focusrite audio interface with Zoom on Windows article on properly setting up the Focusrite audio interface?

I'd also advise if you're using a 3rd party Audio interface to disable any Audio enhancements from Zoom Settings > Audio, such as suppressing background noise and options under 'Music and Professional Audio'. After doing so, see if that helps. If not, I'd also suggest checking all drivers are up-to-date. 

I hope this provides you with some gudience! 

Leverage cool features and how to's from the Community Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @NevinStoltz and @Loretta1, was my reply helpful? If so, don't forget to click the 'Accept As Solution' button! Thanks!

Leverage cool features and how to's from the Community Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

mubdi
Listener

I was having this problem as well -- where Zoom was working fine with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 on a Windows 10/11 system, and then some update introduced an issue.  The solution above didn't help. However, this on the Focusrite site has seemed to fix my issue: I'm getting clicks, pops or distortion using Discord/Zoom/Teamspeak or VoIP app on Windows – Focusri...

I checked those settings and they are as advised, but we are still getting cracking audio.  Changing the advanced audio setting "Signal processing by Windows audio device drivers" back and forth between the Auto, On and Off settings stops the issue for a minute or two.  None of the 3 options solves the issue, but works briefly.  We do need a more durable solution for this. 

Like others, this started a couple of months ago as if a switch had been flipped.  Had no issues for over a year prior to that.

DavidLaurenth
Listener

I have the same problem. I want to connect obs with zoom through a virtual cable but doesn’t work because I get a sound with a crackling sound. I have this problem only with zoom, with google meets or Microsoft teams works well. So, I think that the problem it’s about zoom. Please, help! I need it!

Soham_38
Listener

I too have the same issue but I am using realtek audio drive