cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not open zoom meetings either on the web or with desktop app!!! URGENT

marie24
Listener

Something happened today that never happened before. I have a paid PRO account, which I opened about 2 years ago. I am a frequent Zoom user and never had a problem before.

I clicked the start meeting button from my  list of scheduled meetings and got the usual pop-up asking me to open zoom meeting on the web. Instead of opening the screen for my meeting, I got a pop-up saying I needed to update my software. 

I have the app also downloaded to my computer, so I opened that and tried to sign in. I got a similar message about needing to update to a newer version of the app--although my computer already had the latest version installed when I tried to update it.

My meeting was scheduled to start, so I don't know how I got a web version of zoom to launch because I was so panicked. But none of my usual settings were in place, such as mirroring my view, and the number of settings I could use was limited. (It was as if I was a new user!)

Did anyone else have a problem like this today, May 23, at around 11AM Eastern (U.S.)? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

olpehalvin
Listener

I regret to hear that you are experiencing difficulties logging into Zoom meetings. You might be unable to open Zoom meetings via the desktop app or the web for a number of reasons. Here are a few options to think about:

Verify your internet connection. Make sure your internet connection is reliable check your speed through game like freefire. The proper loading of Zoom can occasionally be prevented by poor connectivity. See if it helps to restart your modem or router.

Clear your browser's cache: If you're having trouble logging into Zoom meetings via your web browser, try emptying the cache of your browser. Look for the option to clear your cache in the options or preferences section of your browser. After then, try using Zoom once again.

Update your Zoom desktop application if you're using it. Make sure your Zoom desktop application is up to current. Compatibility issues with the app might occasionally be brought on by outdated versions. If updates are available, check the Zoom website or your app store and install them.

Disable browser plugins: Browser plugins or extensions may prevent web-based programmes like Zoom from working properly. Try removing any installed extensions, restarting your browser, and attempting to join Zoom meetings once more.

If none of these measures are successful in fixing the problem, I advise contacting Zoom's technical support for additional help. They will be more qualified to diagnose and solve any particular problems you might be having.