cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting the Recording Makes Internet Drop

CPSomer
Listener

Strangely, for 3 days in a row when I finished a call that I was recording and the converting process started, my home internet drops. It drops for every device in the house. Only when it finishes converting and I reset my modem, the internet comes back on. I have fiber and there are no known outages with it. The video duration is about an hour. 97K-124K size. Any suggestion of causes and fixes.? Prior to 3 days ago,  I had no problems with internet dropping during the converting process. 

3 REPLIES 3

Yvonne13
Listener

I've just had the same problem. Does that mean I've lost the recording?

I don't think it does. I was able to find the recording after the internet was restored.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @CPSomer 

As far as I am aware, the conversion process should not require any internet connection and should not affect your home internet. You might try a fresh install of Zoom to see if that resolves it. 

@Yvonne13, no, the recording should be unaffected by your internet connection, as the raw video footage is just being converted into a video file that can be opened by typical video players. All that data is already on your device and should not require the internet for any part of the conversion.