cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarity on non-reoccuring meetings 30 day expiration question

squatch
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Question: Will the 30 day expiration for a non reoccurring meeting clock start if someone launches the meeting and the meeting is scheduled past 30 days out. 

Scenario: Someone accidentally clicks or tests the meeting link and launches the meeting or allow participants to join is checked in settings (no time limit before meeting selected).  Say someone starts the meeting or goes into the waiting room - does this trigger the 30 day expiration clock (even if the meeting is say 60 days out)?

In the Support article the definition on Non reoccurring meetings expiring in 30 days either 30 days after the meeting or if the meeting was launched:

Scheduled, non-recurring meetings

• A scheduled, non-recurring meeting ID (also known as a one-time meeting ID) will expire 30 days after the scheduled date. If you restart the same meeting ID within the 30 days, it will remain valid for another 30 days.
  • Scheduled meetings can be started at any time before the scheduled time as long as the meeting ID is not expired or deleted.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362373-Meeting-and-Webinar-IDs

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @squatch 

Great question! The 30 days expiration will happen after the scheduled date or when it was last used, whichever comes later.  Here are a few examples: 

• I schedule a meeting for January 1st and only use it on that date. It will expire 30 days later, on Jan. 31st. 
  • I schedule a meeting for January 1st, some participants click on the link a few days early, but we use it as scheduled on that Jan. 1. It will expire 30 days later, on Jan. 31. 
  • I schedule a meeting for January 1st, use it that day, and then use it again a few days later on the 5th. Since it was reused on the 5th, the 30 day expiration was reset, so it will expire 30 days later on Feb. 4th. 
  • I schedule a meeting for January 1st, and add it to my calendar. Since the meeting was so useful, we decide to make this a recurring meeting for every 2 weeks. I edit the calendar event and make it recurring, but I don't edit the Zoom meeting to make it recurring.
    • If I use it every 2 weeks, the 30 day expiration will continue to be reset and the meeting will continue to exist.
    • If we skip a couple of sessions and the 30 days run out, the meeting will expire and those using the link in their calendar will not be able to join. A new meeting will need to be scheduled to replace the expired meeting. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

squatch
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @Mazz , the answer is what @Bort stated. 

There is a support article that states meeting handling here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362373-Meeting-and-Webinar-IDs

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bort

Hi @squatch 

Great question! The 30 days expiration will happen after the scheduled date or when it was last used, whichever comes later.  Here are a few examples: 

• I schedule a meeting for January 1st and only use it on that date. It will expire 30 days later, on Jan. 31st. 
  • I schedule a meeting for January 1st, some participants click on the link a few days early, but we use it as scheduled on that Jan. 1. It will expire 30 days later, on Jan. 31. 
  • I schedule a meeting for January 1st, use it that day, and then use it again a few days later on the 5th. Since it was reused on the 5th, the 30 day expiration was reset, so it will expire 30 days later on Feb. 4th. 
  • I schedule a meeting for January 1st, and add it to my calendar. Since the meeting was so useful, we decide to make this a recurring meeting for every 2 weeks. I edit the calendar event and make it recurring, but I don't edit the Zoom meeting to make it recurring.
    • If I use it every 2 weeks, the 30 day expiration will continue to be reset and the meeting will continue to exist.
    • If we skip a couple of sessions and the 30 days run out, the meeting will expire and those using the link in their calendar will not be able to join. A new meeting will need to be scheduled to replace the expired meeting. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

squatch
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Thanks @Bort for that lightening quick answer and examples, that is very helpful! 

If you could confirm (which I believe is the case) this I think we are good and this can be marked as solved:

• Date is January 1st and non reoccurring meeting is scheduled for April 1st. An invitee clicks the meeting link on February 1st on accident or to test the link, etc. Would the meeting expire then March 2nd before the scheduled date of April 1st?
  • (Feb was a bad example with 28 days 😂)
  • If this is the case, are there any safeguards to prevent that scenario from accidentally expiring the meeting before the planned time?

Thanks!

Mazz
Listener

Hi, did this ever get resolved please? We have a similar query. Thanks

squatch
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @Mazz , the answer is what @Bort stated. 

There is a support article that states meeting handling here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362373-Meeting-and-Webinar-IDs