cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing screen name

ann76
Listener

How do I change my screen name? It is different from my account name.

18 REPLIES 18

ChrisO
Note Taker

You will want to log into the  Zoom.US web portal and edit the display name under your profile. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363203-Customizing-your-profile

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

My profile shows the correct display name.  The screen during Zooms does not.

My profile shows the correct display name.  The screen during Zooms does not.

zelda
Listener

How do I change my display name?  The name under my profile is correct.  The display name is wrong.

MATTPANUCCI
Listener

Profile name is correct, but screen name is not the same and I can't change it?!

When you are in a zoom meeting, drag your mouse over your image.

-There should be 3 dots in the top of your image. Click on them. 

-If there aren't 3 dots go to participants and find your name. Hover your mouse over your name and click the 3 dots next to your name.

After clicking on the 3 dots, click on re-name or change name and change your name.

(It may be school/work account. It is likely that it's policy and you can't change it if you are not using a personal account. ) 

ChrisO
Note Taker

If you can not edit your display name it is probably because of your company's policy and how it is populated during the account creation process.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

KLlandlord
Listener

I am having the same issue and this is a personal account.  My profile name is different than my screen name? Not so cool for interviews

tshwart
Listener

I have changed my screen name on my profile several times and it doesnt actually change anything when I join a zoom meeting. 

Are you following these steps?: (You may be forgetting to hit save.)

You may use my steps to change your name. If it dosen't work you may have to go to your zoom account.

-Go to zoom and on the top bar click on my account.

-In your zoom account you want to be in the profile tab. (Tab options are in the left bar of your screen)

-You should see your name and account picture. Click on edit, which should be on the right, after your name.

-Change your name and make sure to HIT SAVE.

(If it dosen't work it may have to do something with the settings of the meeting host.

NS11
Attendee

-If there aren't 3 dots go to participants and find your name. Hover your mouse over your name and click the 3 dots next to your name.

After clicking on the 3 dots, click on re-name or change name and change your name.

This works for just the one session.  Mine always starts with my email.  Can I have it just show my name w/o the @ email provider?  Like Bob Baxter not bob.baxter@gmail... which is not me.

You may use my steps to change your name. If it dosen't work you may have to go to your zoom account.

-Go to zoom and on the top bar click on my account.

-In your zoom account you want to be in the profile tab. (Tab options are in the left bar of your screen)

-You should see your name and account picture. Click on edit, which should be on the right, after your name.

-Change your name and make sure to HIT SAVE.

(If it dosen't work it may have to do something with the settings of the meeting host.

NS11
Attendee

NS11

My daughter used my laptop in a zoom meeting a few months ago while she was visiting. I recently created an account for my employment. I went through my account using the meeting ID and passcode to enter my work meeting. The display name still showed her display name. Any ideas on that one? I will try changing my name using the three dots on my next meeting in May. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Try these steps:

-When you are in a zoom meeting, drag your mouse over your image.

0 Likes

Christie96825
Listener

I was in a webinar this morning and the name underneath my image changed to something else.  I also observed that at least 14 other accounts had that name under their images.  I do not know how this happened.  I sent a chat message to one of the presenters, who replied that this had to do with MY ZOOM settings.  I do NOT want someone else's name appearing with my image.  What should I do?  Thank you.

Were you hosting the meeting?