cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't share screen when someone else logs on

Imissvabad
Listener

I started a meeting and has my screen shared.  I invited someone and as soon as they log in, I get a box that pops up that tells me I'm restricted from sharing.  I have combed through the message boards and checked/unchecked just about every box and nothing works.   I'm on a MacBook Pro.  Never had this issue with my PC.  :-(. And of course I need to be on a meeting tonight that I need to share my screen.

Box says Bc I am restricted from screen sharing when external users are present, my screen sharing has stopped.  It's my account, how am I restricted??

2 REPLIES 2

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Imissvabad,

This is an account setting that you can disable. Go to Zoom.us on a web browser > sign-in > settings > in the search bar type "disable screen". You'll want to ensure that is disabled.

Photo attached.

If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

Thank you! I've been trying to resolve this for months! I even contacted support and go no response to my question.  The mistake I made was checking the Admin settings (because I am the zoom admin) and that setting at the organisation level was off/disabled.

I did not realise there was also a setting for each user too.  I may go back to the Admin portal and see if I can override this for all users.  Thanks again.