cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera question using 2 devices

Lorna1
Listener

Hi there,

I’m a yoga teacher using 2 devices for my zoom classes: my phone as my camera, at a distance so students can see me head to toe. Plus a lap top closer to me so I can observe each of them on gallery.  My question is, how do I manipulate the settings so that they only see me from my ‘camera’ ie my phone?  Is there a way to switch the camera off on my laptop? Or do I have to pin myself from the phone?  Currently I’m asking them to pin my head to toe visual from their side which isn’t so professional. Thanks so much 🙏

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pieterbotes
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Lorna1 It sounds like our Spotlight feature my be more suitable for what you are trying to achieve.  You can spotlight any of the participants or yourself which means you can spotlight your phone for everyone on the call.  Check out this article and let me know if this will work for you.  If not, let me know.

Spotlighting participants' videos – Zoom Support

If this resolves your issues, please click the Accept as Solution button on this thread so that others can benefit from this as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pieterbotes

@Lorna1 It sounds like our Spotlight feature my be more suitable for what you are trying to achieve.  You can spotlight any of the participants or yourself which means you can spotlight your phone for everyone on the call.  Check out this article and let me know if this will work for you.  If not, let me know.

Spotlighting participants' videos – Zoom Support

If this resolves your issues, please click the Accept as Solution button on this thread so that others can benefit from this as well.

Thanks!

Lorna1
Listener

Thank you so much for the spotlight tip!! 
I will try this.

Please may I ask another question!?

I want to record my yoga classes.  Save them and allow my students access to them afterwards.

Is there an article that may help with that?

Thank you so much

Lorna x

pieterbotes

@Lorna1 I'm glad that helped.

On the recording.  You can look at this article which will show you how to do recordings to the cloud and how to them make that available to users.  Keep in mind that you need to have a Pro, Business or Enterprise account.

Starting a cloud recording – Zoom Support

You may also want to look at OnZoom - OnZoom: A marketplace for immersive experiences

Slightly different but maybe something of interest to you.

Have this answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!

Thanks!