cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Camera Screen, Not Working on Dell Inspiron 14 54120 2-in-1

KarenNzoom1
Listener

I have noticed that for a week now my Zoom camera is not working. The light is on, the settings show it is functional, but my camera screen is black. I have tried every single troubleshooting option, I have restarted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom using CleanZoom, I have used Dell SupportAssist to troubleshoot my own camera, I have closed Zoom from running in the background, logged in and out, updated my computer and the app, yet nothing seems to work. I own the latest version of Zoom and use the integrated cam of a Dell Inspiron 14 5410 2-in-1. I have looked throughout the Zoom Community forum as well and tried every solution that I found, yet nothing works. The camera works from Dell settings just fine, but on Zoom it simply doesn't show it, considering it is turned on, the light next to the camera indicating so. Help, please?

2 REPLIES 2

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I hate to ask this, but have you already confirmed that the privacy shutter is not active?

bstrelko_0-1697822475691.png

If the shutter is open, are you able to use the camera and see video in other applications? This will inform next steps.

Yes, it is pulled to the side, open. The camera works in other applications such as the actual Dell camera app, as well as Skype and Microsoft Teams before I uninstalled them for Zoom to work.