cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding name appearing in unrelated meetings

JMC1
Listener

I have a Zoom account for an entity which I represent.  Let's call the entity ABC Co.  Email used to set it up is my own; let's use, as a hypothetical, fredsmith@....  Now when I join another Zoom meeting set up by another person unrelated to ABC Co, for their personal, or another entity, Zoom meeting, and they sent the Zoom coordinates to fredsmith@... I appear as ABC Co. and not fredsmith@...  How do I show  up as fredsmith@.... because the meeting to which I was invited by the person or other entity is only wanting and expecting fred smith to attend and not ABC Co.

4 REPLIES 4

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

Change the email associated with the ABC Co@ from FredSmith to something else. 
Zoom now considers the email assigned to this account.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

I determined that I was logged into "my" Zoom account when I attended that other meeting.  There was a subsequent, different meeting I attended but I had logged out of my Zoom account before joining that other meeting and I showed up as fredsmith and not as ABC Co.

Jameswalter
Participant

Under Settings, select the Recording tab near the top of the screen. Under Recording, scroll down to Advanced cloud recording settings. From the list of settings, make sure that Add a timestamp to the recording and Display participants' names in the recording are both UNCHECKED.

I determined that I should not be logged into my Zoom account when joining unrelated meetings.  That fixes the issue.