cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-open Chat

David44357
Listener

Is there a setting or plugin somewhere that would make it so every meeting in my personal meeting room (or just every meeting) automatically starts with the chat open?

When I am on Zoom with consumers (rather than professionals), they often have a difficult time locating the chat, especially if they are already sharing their screen. I would prefer if the meeting just started with the chat window already open.

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @David44357 

As far as I know, that is not currently possible. 

If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

moshe_y
Listener

Hi @Bort

I have  (and others) have the opposite problem: the chat window appears automatically each time I start zoom, in the dead center of the screen. See this post.

Ideas on how disable this would be very welcome.

Bort

Hi @moshe_y 
I'm unaware of this issue and it doesn't sound like that's expected behavior on the Linux client, or any Zoom desktop client. I'd suggest contacting Zoom support if you're able, so that our teams can go through troubleshooting, potentially get logs, and figure out what is causing this and get this fixed in an upcoming release.