cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Output is Garbled

Catanist
Listener

I recently got a new work computer and it runs windows 11. I cannot figure out why when I am meeting with a co-worker my audio to them is all garble and messed up. I've been thru everything trying to fix this. I am at my wits end. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I can't contact support because I am not the admin. 

7 REPLIES 7

Catanist
Listener

Also I have tried 3 different mics, it works fine in other apps, when I test the mic in the system settings it's clear, but when I use the zoom test meeting it's garbled still. 

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Catanist thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! I will try to help.  

- is this only happening with your coworker by the way? Have you had a chance to test with anyone else?

- are you connecting an external camera or microphone into your computer and using that for Zoom or just using the built in camera and microphone? 

Can you please go into your Zoom client, go ahead and make sure you sign in, then you will see a screen like this:

jeremyjustin_0-1643481104335.jpeg

In the upper right we will be clicking on your picture and also later the settings wheel.

If you can click your picture in the upper right corner, then "Check for Updates." I want to see if your Zoom client will go ahead and upgrade. If not that's ok. If it does upgrade, can you try again and let me know?

It wouldn't let me update I am on version 5.9.3, I am on a desktop using a Logi 1080p camera/mic combo I have tried using a PS5 headset as well as a blue snowball and they are still all garbled to all co workers. This just started happening about a month or two ago. 

jeremyjustin

Hi @Catanist thank you for the additional information. Can you do me a favor, when you are in the Zoom meeting can you click the little up arrow by the microphone symbol in the lower left and choose your microphone there:

jeremyjustin_0-1643648842478.jpeg

I just want to see what happens when you switch microphones on the fly, while you are in a Zoom meeting. 

Thanks!

It works for like 10 seconds then it's back to being garbled again 

jeremyjustin

Ok, let's test some of the Zoom client settings and see if we can tweak them to improve the situation. If you can sign into your Zoom client, click on Home at the top, then the Settings wheel in the upper right corner. 

In your "Audio" settings there are multiple options, and you can also check your mic. You can change the microphone volume or select to "Automatically Adjust." You can also increase or decrease things like Suppressing background noise.

Then at the bottom, click Advanced. There are a couple additional settings relating to signal processing. See if these make a difference. 

You can test these while in a meeting even, just have the settings up, make changes and see if things improve. 

Can you let us know if any of those settings make a difference please?

I am having this same EXACT issue and none of these fixes have helped. I am on a mac.