cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Issues

Drummer
Listener

I have my audio settings to use 'original audio'. I do music lessons, so need this for the zoom calls. When doing the calls, unfortunately it's still suppressing all volume when I play. Does anyone know any other settings that I need to adjust as it's literally impossible to use zoom if it's going to mute whatever I play for my student to demonstrate things.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Drummer

When the text says "disable original sound" that is the device telling you that the original sound is now active, if you clicked on "disable original sound" then the original sound would be disabled and the text would read "enable original sound". 

Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sachinzoom

Hello,

In the meeting, Are you turning the Original Sound on ? See steps here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003279466-Using-original-sound-for-musicians-in-a-meeti...

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Drummer
Listener

Yes. I'm on my iPad and click on the more... and tap to Enable Original sound. 

YaBoiB

Hello @Drummer

Enable original sound in the settings and then when in the actual meeting click on the more button and enable original sound again. Unfortunately, this has to be done twice until we get a toggle that allows you to lock this setting on your devices. One is being worked on by the development team but I do not know when it is going to be available. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Thanks for the update. I'll do that and see how it goes. cheers. 

HI Brandon, I did another zoom call this morning and have original sound enabled in my settings, then I clicked on the more button and had an original sound showing in the text. The sound was still muted the stairs. I just started playing my instrument

Quick question with the call started, and I press the more button should the text, 'enable original sound', be showing or 'disable original sound be showing'? It wasn't really clear because when I tapped on enable original sound, then the text would come up showing disable original sound. I didn't know which one was active and I can't tell during the call.

I do have other music teacher friends, and they said over the last several weeks, they've also been experiencing the sound issues with zoom.

Any help so that I can have students hear me when I'm playing my instrument on zoom would be fantastic. Thanks, Grant.

YaBoiB

Hi @Drummer

When the text says "disable original sound" that is the device telling you that the original sound is now active, if you clicked on "disable original sound" then the original sound would be disabled and the text would read "enable original sound". 

Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Thank You! Just the clarity I needed and all running now. 

Greatly appreciated.

YaBoiB

@Drummer , 

Glad I could be of help to you. Let us know if you run into any other issues that we can assist you with. 

Please do not forget to click the "accept as solution" button so that others can find this thread. 

Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion