cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on attending a course

south2502
Listener

Hi,  

I recently had to attend a course via zoom. I was told to install the app. Which was Zoom basic. I was eventually locked out of the room due to only having audio and no video. Zoom basic says that I am only able to attend meetings which are 40 minutes long. 

Does anyone know whether I should have been advised to buy a  30 hour per meeting subscription on zoom? I.E Zoom Pro? Could that be why I was stopped from being present? I have lost a lot of money and am now expected to pay for the course again. 

It wasn't my internet connection and I bought a new laptop because it was an ongoing course.

Any help, suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated please. Thanks so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zoomer_tom
Attendee

The free/basic accounts 40 minute restriction only applies if you were the only who scheduled/hosted the Zoom meeting.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

zoomer_tom
Attendee

The free/basic accounts 40 minute restriction only applies if you were the only who scheduled/hosted the Zoom meeting.

Hello, 

Thank you so much for taking time to reply. I appreciate you. I thought so. I daren't pay for the course again because the same thing might happen and I have no explanation or reason as to why it was happening. It's certainly a good money making scheme if they are able to stop your video as the host. It's a terrible thought but the guy was able to mute my microphone. Awful to expect you to pay again when I had tech support from their side the day before and I was good to go. Thanks again 

GYGYGYH