cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding multiple invitees when scheduling a meeting

scotharkins
Listener

This is for the Zoom 5.13.11 app on Windows 10 Enterprise, when using the "Schedule Meeting" feature.

I need to add a long list of invitee emails. Through trial and error I was able to figure out I could only enter 1 bare email address at a time, then hit space to convert it into an object, limited to no more than 64 characters per email address. There is no pop-up suggestion to guide the user on adding even the first email address, and I did not find any guidance in the docs nor here (so far).

The field does not accept email standard list entries like "User Name <email address>", nor does it accept a comma-separated recipient list that might be copied from the recipients of an email application, which would seem like a sensible option.

The one workaround I found was that I could paste a list of semi-colon-separated email addresses so long as no single pasted block exceeded 64 characters. Thankfully in vim I can quickly convert commas to semi-colons and break up the list into lines shorter than 64 characters total. I'm lucky to know how to do this, and patient enough to figure out what should be documented.

How do I suggest a feature for this field that would support pasting a standard list of email addresses copied from, say, Gmail or Outlook? The parsing should be easy enough to do with either commas or semi-colons, and would make inviting a longer list of users less tedious. Almost any SDK offers code for handling such input.

Yes, I know the workaround is to simply add the meeting info to a calendar invite, but you have added this field to your "Schedule Meeting" feature, and you want to continue to position Zoom as an enterprise-ready product, so this field needs to step up to that aspiration.

Further, you need at least a floating pop-up to suggest how to add email addresses, plus add the info to your "Schedule Meeting" docs and videos, add a ? icon to the Schedule Meeting page, and maybe join the rest of the desktop-app world and enable capturing the F1 key to open help (or whatever equivalent is default in MacOS).

Please consider these suggestions. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @scotharkins

To request features for the Zoom product go to zoom.us/feed and fill out the form. That page is monitored by the Product team at Zoom so they take into account all customer inquiries for improvement to the product. 

One thing that a customer can do is import all of their contacts into the contacts tab of their account using a csv file, that way you can just type out the first name and maybe one or two letters of the last name (if first name is common) and find your contacts that way. The second, you eluded to, Calendar Integration I do not know of "any" Enterprise companies that do not utilize calendar integration on their accounts so the functionality in question was "clearly" designed for Zoom customers who merely want to add a few emails into that section. There is a limit to the characters that Zoom can add in that UI field. Although there is a limit to characters if the contacts are already in your system there is not a limit to how many email addresses you can add. (there might be but I stopped at 24) screenshot. 

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 10.35.58 PM.png

 Thank you so much for your input, we really appreciate our customers pointing out where we can improve. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4471567449357-Bulk-importing-contacts-to-an-address-book

Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Tal2519
Listener

What exactly does the Invitee field trigger? I have always used my personal room, but now I notice that when I dont, I have the ability to "Add Invitees"... which I have done. BUT it appears to actually trigger nothing. I was hoping the scheduled meeting would be sent to the Invitees (silly me) but that doesnt appear to be happening. If it is just to let me know who i would like to invite, well, what a waste of time.