Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding alt host for an established reoccurring meeting

Htatch
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello-

I scheduled a reoccurring meeting with a large number of people. After the first meeting, I realized that I had not added alt hosts that were needed. I would like to avoid creating a new meeting as the meeting link is widely distributed, and if possible avoid resending it out to the entire list serve (but know this may be unavoidable). I have gone into the meeting settings on both the web app and the desktop app between meetings and added the alt hosts and they show up in the settings, however the alt hosts are still unable to start the meeting.

How do I update the current reoccurring meeting with the alt hosts?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Htatch
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Carla,

We played around a little bit and the issue seemed to be that the alt hosts were not signed in through the SSO for the meeting. Now that works. Sometimes just putting it out in the universe alone solves the problem 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CarlaA

Hi @Htatch, thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

Is your alt host starting the meeting using the join link in the email or calendar invite you have sent them?

Please confirm this with your alternative host and let me know.

Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Carla-

The alt hosts could use either if (as it sounds like) it makes a difference. Is there one that makes this process work?

Thanks

Hannah

They should be able to use either the email or calendar invite. Have them test out both and keep me updated! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Htatch
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Carla,

We played around a little bit and the issue seemed to be that the alt hosts were not signed in through the SSO for the meeting. Now that works. Sometimes just putting it out in the universe alone solves the problem 🙂