cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error messge connecting Eventbrite to Zoom meeting with required questions in Zoom

pantoine
Newcomer
Newcomer

I created a Zoom meeting with required questions that have to be answered by attendees when registering for the event.  I also created the same event in Eventbrite.  After connecting to Zoom from Eventbrite and specifying the meeting I want to attach to, an error message is displayed by Eventbrite  directing me to disable the required questions before the connection can be established.

Disabling the required questions is non-negotiable since the a larger number of attendees will be registering using the Zoom registration link,  and we need to capture the lead information.  The Eventbrite "event" is configured with a maximum of only  25 tickets.

Question:  Is there a workaround to this issue to allow Eventbrite registrants to be automatically registered in Zoom through the integration?

Additional Info: 

I attempted to use Zapier but in setting up the Zap,  Zapier is requiring me to insert attendee biographical information. However that information won't be available until an attendee registers in Eventbrite.   I have a screenshot of the Eventbrite error if that would help.  Not sure how to upload it to this post.

Here is the exact error message;

"This meeting/webinar has required parameters included, it could affect the synchronization of your attendees.  You can disable these parameters by clicking on " Disable Required Questions link"

If the link is not clicked, then the only option on that page is "Back"

Help please.  My Event is this Friday - May 31, 2024 at 7:00 p.m.  Time is running out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

You are cutting it close, aren't you?

My only recommendation at this point is to NOT connect Eventbrite to Zoom.  This will require you to download the Attendee data (don't make the mistake of downloading the order data... these are the people who paid for the tickets, but the attendee info might be different).  Then you'll need to manipulate the downloaded data into the format required by the Zoom "registration import" process... then have Zoom send the confirmation emails to your attendees.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

You are cutting it close, aren't you?

My only recommendation at this point is to NOT connect Eventbrite to Zoom.  This will require you to download the Attendee data (don't make the mistake of downloading the order data... these are the people who paid for the tickets, but the attendee info might be different).  Then you'll need to manipulate the downloaded data into the format required by the Zoom "registration import" process... then have Zoom send the confirmation emails to your attendees.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you for taking the time to provide a suggestion so quickly, Ray_Harwood.  Very much appreciated.  I did some digging over the long weekend, and found another  third party integration application that would create a new row in Google Sheets when a new registration occurred in Eventbrite.  Then a simple automation would continue the process and create a new registration in Zoom for each row added in Google Sheets.  Admittedly a roundabout way to do it; however, in theory it works.  I'm about to put it to the test .