cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Apps Accessibility

KKSILO
Listener

With the recent addition of Zoom apps. are they compatible with accessibility technology such as Apple Voiceover and JAWS? Would someone who is visually impaired and relies on the assistance of this technology be able to pay the games zoom apps features in a meeting?

4 REPLIES 4

Bitcoin_Shaman
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

This is a great question, and in return I have a couple for you...

Are you referring to ALL Zoom Apps or specific ones?

Also, I'm not super fluent in these accessibility technologies. Are they hardware based or software based?

Thanks!

Bitcoin_Shaman

Addition to this post!!!

I have confirmed that all apps that Zoom develops, on a platform level, will work with VoiceOver & JAWS. 

Anything that is developed by a 3rd party (Not Zoom) does not have that same assurance. This will change over time as 3rd party devs become more familiar with the Zoom platform. 

I don't know about market line

ThomasOdell
Listener

Zoom is now NOT compatible with Apple zoom accessibility. In the past, Zoom used to display the entire screen if you tried to enlarge part of the screen. Now (5.16.10 (25689)) it just displays the upper-right-hand portion of the screen at the selected enlargement level. Please fix this as it's a necessary feature when teaching over Zoom. Thanks!