cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Zoom Presence for In/Out Board

rrittenhouse
Listener

Hello,

Our company is looking to move over to Zoom for Meetings/Chat/Phones. We currently use 3cx for a phone system and we have a separate "In/Out Board" where people track where they are and for how long.  We are trying to see if there would be a way to use Zoom or a separate Zoom App to add this functionality to Zoom.

I realize that Zoom Apps are for while you are in a call so we are looking at the different ways that something like this could be accomplished. We just rely a lot on when someone leaves or if they are only going to be gone for 15 minutes, or when someone might return.

Is there any way to accomplish this with Zoom? Even with custom development within Zoom?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @rrittenhouse, Zoom does have presence status icons; for more information on status, icons, and descriptions, see the Presence Status KB article. I believe Zoom has the functionality you're looking for. 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

While the presence status icons are very helpful, I believe many improvements can be made to offer the functionality that many businesses are looking for. For example, including more options for status icons, a status auto update feature, and especially adding a place where a user can easily see the status of all the people within the organization's zoom environment would be very beneficial for status tracking to rrittenhouse's and melimeeks' credit. I'm hopeful this is something that can be developed!

That's the very minimum in my opinion. People typically need an easier "board" to look at where people are in the company. A receptionist in some cases want to be able to manage ALL statuses in case someone forgets to mark themselves away, or back even. The other piece of information that we use a ton of is the time you clocked out (which indicates when you will be getting back). Not for employee time tracking but just to know when someone might be getting back without them having to specify it each and every time in the text of a status message. Also, a great feature to really add a cherry on top would be to set yourself "Away" or "DND" for a specified time. For instance, in 3cx I currently "Set Temporary Status" for 1 hour and I put the text in "Lunch". But it still lacks telling others WHEN I left or when I will be returning. The same can apply to "Sick", "Vacation", "At XX location",  etc. so improving upon that would be huge I think.

melimeeks
Listener

We are also looking for this type of functionality in Zoom.  We currently use a separate in/out board as Zoom doesn't give the complete ease of access our in/out board offers, especially for receptionists.  The presence icons are helpful but do not allow for an individual to easily notify the rest of the firm when they will be available again.   There is also no way to filter your view on the contacts screen to easily find a staff member.  It would be helpful if we can set the contact view by site and have someway to set a location (working remote, in office, PTO, etc)

Exactly! Were wanting to switch over to Zoom for Chat, Phone, and our In/Out board if they could make an app or extension to include this functionality. The biggest thing that we need is a timestamp for when someone left and is coming back. I can't even talk myself out of moving forward without that feature. We only have ~20 employees ourselves but it would be very nice to have a separate view of statuses in the interface.

I also really like the ability to set temporary statuses that last for x time period and then revert back to "Available" after that timer runs out. We use this now on our 3cx phone system but we really want to move over if we can get these features. I've already sent them to the sales folks who we work with to see if there is any possibility to get things added. 

mcosta
Listener

I agree with melimeeks - if Zoom could make this happen, it would be very helpful for our company.  Please consider these enhancements, thank you.

Twillis
Listener

I couldn't agree more with the comments above. Options like "In Office" "Home office" and the ability to add custom options and colors or icons would elevate the Zoom platform. 

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, the functionally you all are wanting does not currently exist within the Zoom platform. I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

nahsy6343
Listener

Zoom additionally gathers records on every player, along with how lengthy you were related to the assembly and the manner often you joined and left link.