cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Kahoot Zoom App as anonymous guest

wjs
Listener

I'm attempting to use the Kahoot app as part of an upcoming Zoom meeting. The meeting does not require registration and guests will join with the invite link and password. 

While testing, I found that an unregistered guests could not use the Kahoot app. I have it installed on my desktop client (Mac) and I can launch the app. I then shared the app with meeting guests. On my other client (Windows), where I joined the meeting as an anonymous guest, I got the notification to install the app. However, when I tried to install the app, I got a message, "Sign in to use Zoom Apps. You have joined the meeting as an anonymous guest. To view and use Zoom Apps, you must sign in to an account in Zoom client and rejoin the meeting."

Maybe it's as simple as it seems - I can't use the Kahoot app unless all my guest have  a Zoom account and are signed-in. But I figured I'd ask here in case I'm missing something or doing it wrong. Can unregistered guests use Zoom Apps?

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @wjs per the message you were prompted yes you're correct they will need to have a Zoom account and be signed in. Upon checking, the Kahoot app itself requires a zoom account as shown on image below. You may also view this in marketplace: https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/A0sB0dqISbKae5vrcr0csQ.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!