cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom's instructions for streaming to YouTube are inaccurate and do not work

345tutoring
Listener

I really have no idea how this is even possible, but the instructions for how to start a live stream on YouTube (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360028478292#h_01FVAPEX3AN58227KNE3C8E1EV) bear no resemblance whatsoever to what I, as a paid subscriber, actually encounter when trying to follow said instructions.

The instructions begin as follows:

1. Enable Custom Live Streaming for your meeting or webinar.
  2. Schedule your meeting or webinar.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Configure live stream settings in the Live Streaming section. 

However, there is NO OPTION to "configure live stream settings" ANYWHERE in the Live Streaming section. All I see is this: 

"Live Streaming

After starting the meeting, click "More" and choose the service on which to live stream your meeting.

Your meeting support live stream to the following services.

• YouTube"

This doesn't help, because the instructions I linked to above make it sound as if it's possible to pre-schedule a live stream on YouTube, then start a stream in Zoom and paste in the stream URL and key from YouTube so that the actual live stream links up with the event/stream previously scheduled on YouTube.

The instructions SEEMED straightforward enough, so I was caught off guard (to put it mildly) when I tried to set up my live stream today and found in completely impossible to do so. This was embarrassing and infuriating, and there's no excuse for it on Zoom's end. False/misleading instructions like this have real consequences for users.

0 REPLIES 0