cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livestreaming into a Facebook group

EmeraldLake
Listener

I host a 5-day challenge. We did our first one in February, which was my first time setting up Zoom to livestream into a group. I followed the instructions here and had no problems.

Now we're doing the 5-day challenge again, and we have a new group for this cohort. However, the group doesn't appear in the list of available groups to livestream too, even though I've added the ZOOM Video Livestream - Prod app to the group. 

I am the admin of the group and I'm streaming from my own Zoom account. I've tried removing the app from the group and reinstalling it then starting a new Zoom meeting. But it still won't show me the new group, just the original one.

In the Zoom Settings, Meetings, Meetings (Advanced), I have already allowed livestreaming to Facebook. That was already there in February. And I just tested the connection. I can still livestream into the old group. I just can't get the new group to show up as an option to livestream into it, even though its settings match the old group's. 

Any other suggestions on how to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

Bob27
Listener

In FB I see Zoom Video Livesream Prod got added, BUT it isn't listed under the "All Apps and Websites" listing under FB Settings. I was luckily to be shown the page at one point, where it is listed and I took a screenshot of it and on my PC the Zoom Video Livesream Prod App ID URL is:
https://www.facebook.com/settings/applications/app_details/?app_id=294719114878005

So it seems to me that this app is being placed in an uncategorized area as it ISN"T showing up in the "All Apps and Websites" listing area where it should be. I went to that URL above and I can see it and I have uninstalled it and then reinstalled many times, but if I didn't have that URL I wouldn't be able to do that.

I found that the Zoom Video Livesream Prod app is located in the Business Integrations area rather than Apps and Websites. so maybe has something to do with this as I saw originally that it was placed under Apps and Websites, so maybe a conflict of some sort?

Bob27
Listener

Yeah so frustrating! In the meantime I have been forced to look for another solution, I found "Restream"
https://app.restream.io/home

The free version wont be enough to go live on FB, so you will need to upgrade to the "Standard" level

Restream works much like the zoom app, however rather than selecting "Live on Facebook" while in Zoom you select "Live on Custom Live Streaming Service" and enter the values found within Restream to be able to use Zoom and go live on FB. it works!