cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can an alternate host start a session in a Zoom event?

cmaddox12
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi there! I have alternate hosts set up for my multi-session Zoom event. We are doing some testing at the moment ahead of our event on 18 June. An alternate host should be able to start the backstage of an event, however that option is not showing for our alternate hosts. It is important that multiple people have the ability to start a session. How do I ensure that is possible? Is there a certain time frame when they can start it? Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @cmaddox12.

In Zoom Events, sessions are always started from the Lobby. Alt Hosts, like Hosts and Speakers, should enyer the lobby and find the Session which should have a start button for Hosts, Alt Hosts, and any Speaker enabled as Alt Host. (Note: I don’t recommend enabling Speakers as Alt Hosts unless they are experienced Webinar Facilitators.)

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MGSR

Hi @cmaddox12 

Welcome to Zoom Community! We're glad to see you here.

You may use may check this article on how to designate an alternative host for your event.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
Have a great day!

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @cmaddox12.

In Zoom Events, sessions are always started from the Lobby. Alt Hosts, like Hosts and Speakers, should enyer the lobby and find the Session which should have a start button for Hosts, Alt Hosts, and any Speaker enabled as Alt Host. (Note: I don’t recommend enabling Speakers as Alt Hosts unless they are experienced Webinar Facilitators.)

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

cmaddox12
Newcomer
Newcomer

Great, thanks! We'll direct them to enter through the lobby then.