cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar panelist unable to join using link - only as an attendee

1TL
Newcomer
Newcomer

I had an event on 30th May which i had two external attendees hosting the session as our experts.  I have checked everything and all appears to be correct.

As they couldn't join and the audience was in excess of 1000, the event was cancelled, can you tell me why they were unable to join as a panellist and were held waiting as an attendee only.

I need to reschedule and can't have the repeat issue! 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @1TL.

If they used the Panelist Join link sent to them by Zoom, there’s no reason for them not to be able to come directly into the Webinar session. Was a Webinar Host present – the Webinar owner or an Alt Host?  If your intent was for the two external experts to Host the Webinar without a member of your account present as Host – that could be the issue. Panelists are not given Host privileges, unless a Host is present when they join the Panelist session and are granted Co-Host or made the Host. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I was the host and i was there in the practice session waiting for them to join.  They sent a Teams message to advise they were held waiting for the webinar to start. They confirmed they used the email that i registered them for too as panellists.  

It happened to both of them (external to me) and i have no idea why. 

Why can't we see who is waiting before going live so in events such as this we can search for them and have them join.

I am aware you can when live but with over 1000 joining there just isn't the time, and it's so stressful! 

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @1TL.  I’m unsure what caused the issue, but there’s no technical reason why someone with the proper panelist Join link won’t come directly into the practice session started by the Host.

I’m assuming when you say “used the email that I registered for them”, you do mean that you used the Panelist invite, and sent the link from the Panelist section or copied the link from there and sent that to them. If that was done, it should have worked. 

I’ve sent you a private message on the Community here. 

Ray

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !