Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar Interpreter and Translate

LGO
Listener

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for your help.

For a private event, I will have in person a person who speaks in English and a person who speaks in Chinese.

These people will be seen in a webinar, I will have an interpreter to translate English to Chinese and an interpreter to translate Chinese to English.

Question, what should the interpreters and the English participants do when the person speaks in English and the same question for the interpreter and the Chinese participant when a person speaks in Chinese?

Thanks for your help,

4 REPLIES 4

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

This Zoom support article explains it well

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360034919791-Using-Language-Interpretation-in-your-meeting... 

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Frank_TB

Thank you frank TB for your answer.

Yes, I understand the explanation given on the internet link. For example, if the person in person speaks in English (Original audio) and the interpreter who translates Chinese into English does not speak, the participants will hear the person in person without touching anything on their PC?

Note: The original audio volume will return to 100% 8 seconds after an interpreter has stopped speaking.

That's right?

Thank

ShivaniTBH
Listener

Hello, 

To simplify the answer, The participants must choose a language they want the interpretation in, and the rest would be as perfect as any other meeting. 

On the other hand, the interpreters would be hearing the original audio and delivering the interpretation in their respective channels. 

I hope this helps answer your question. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Shivani, TBH